The Naval Heritage Trust (incorporating the Naval Heritage Society) has as its sole object the preservation of our Naval Heritage.
The Naval Heritage Trust was appointed as a Conservation Body by Heritage Western Cape in 2008 with responsibility for listed buildings in the West and East Dockyards of Simon's Town.
Projects in hand are:
1. The preservation of the SAS Assegai - the last of the Daphne class submarines which will come ashore at the Naval Museum and be opened up to the public.
2. The publication of books which all have a link to the Navy and those that served in the Navy.
3. Oral History of the SAN by recording memories of those who have served;
4. Preparation of "The Official History of the South African Naval Forces in World War Two" for publication;
5. Jointly with the Simon's Town Historical Society, researching and producing a book on the History of the Selborne Dry-dock, Simon's Town in time to celebrate its centenary in 2010.
Trustees of the Naval Heritage Trust are as follows:
President: Vice-Admiral J Mudimu, Chief of the South African Navy
Vice President: Vacant
Patrons: Mr. J Tennant; Vice Admiral L J Woodburne SAN (Ret.)
Trustees: Mr. M F Bosazza (Chairman); R Adm C H Bennett SAN (Ret.) (Vice Chairman);
Cdr W M E Bisset SAN Ret.); Lt/Cdr H A Farrow SAN (CF) (Ret.); Alderman N Holderness; R Adm (JG) J E Louw SAN; WO1 P Moodley SAN; Mr. I M Siko; R Adm (JG) A G Söderlund SAN (Ret.); Cdr J F Wainwright SAN (Ret.);
Cdr E N Wesselo SAN (CF) (Ret.); WO1 A Wessels (Ret)
Postal Address: P O Box 521, Simon's Town, 7995, South Africa